Samples: 1lb sample bags are available: please contact your sales manager to arrange for samples.
Sacks: BSG Distiliing offers all malt in 50lb/55lb sacks.
Bulk: 1 ton totes and bulk delivery is also available by special order with certain malts. Please visit our Bulk Malt ordering pages for more information.
Special Orders: Special order malts and pack sizes are available but please allow up to 12 weeks for delivery.
Receiving Bagged Malt
Before signing the shipment Bill of Lading, each bag and/ or pallet must be inspected. Look for torn or broken bags and ensure every bag and pallet is accounted for. You can reference the packing slip attached to each pallet or package.
If any problems arise:
- First, note how many bags were shorted, broken, or any other circumstances on the Bill of Lading before signing. Please take a photo
- Then call the BSG CraftBrewing’s Customer Service within 48 hours to report, and you will be instructed on how to submit the photo
All grain suppliers do their utmost to provide a product that is insect free. However, once the product leaves the plant or warehouse it is beyond their control. We recommend the following:
- Inspect the malt area at regularly scheduled intervals. This is of particular importance when the room temperature is above 64 degrees F.
- Malt should be stored in a clean, cool, dry area and if at all possible, away from walls.
- To reduce the likelihood of insect activity, you may choose to fumigate periodically (Organic malt cannot be fumigated).
- For best results, we recommend using all milled products within 3 months and all whole kernel products within 6 months of receipt.
- Keep malt away from strong odors for extended periods of time
Imported Malts take, on average, 12 weeks to arrive from the time we order. Please work with your sales representative on Special/Seasonal orders, and supply monthly projections to ensure adequate inventories.
For all bagged Rahr Malting products, the malt analysis is on the front of the ID tag sewn to the bag. For all other bagged products, the malt analysis can be faxed or emailed upon request. For bulk loads, the malt analysis is sent automatically without request, if an e-mail address is provided at the time of ordering.
- Prices are discounted on orders of 40+ bags of malt. Please inquire.
- Due to carrier weight restrictions, we are unable to ship more than 2,500 pounds per pallet (remember to include the 60 lb weight of the pallet in this 2500 lb limit).
- Customers who require a lift gate, please note: maximum allowable weight per pallet is 2,000 pounds (including the weight of the pallet itself).
- Discount programs have been established with numerous LTL (less than truckload) carriers. A carrier with the best rate for your shipping destination and a strong history of reliability will be assigned, unless otherwise requested.
- Should you elect to provide your own carrier for pick-up at our warehouse (“Freight Collect”), the pick-up will have to be within our established pick-up times. Please ask your customer service representative for your local pick-up times. As soon as Freight Collect orders are picked up from our warehouse, we have no further responsibility for the products, and all risk of damage, loss, or delay shall pass to the customer.