- Pricing is available by calling your sales rep or our toll free line: 800.374.2739.
- All pricing is F.O.B. originating warehouse.
- There is an additional charge for milling. Please inquire. An extra 2–5 days may be required for milled products.
- There is a small additional Pallet Fee (different at each warehouse).
A credit application with a bank authorization must be completed in order for credit to be established. For new customers, please allow 3-5 business days for account set up and/or credit approval upon receipt of the completed credit application. Prepayment may be required. Failure to comply with credit terms may result in revocation of credit privileges. All dealings between parties shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Minnesota.
There are several payment options for our prepay customers:
- Credit Card: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and Amex accepted
- Wire Transfer, check or ACH
- Electronic check: E-mail or fax a copy of your check to us, and DO NOT mail the original. Your e-mail should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 952.224.1390
Freight terms are “Prepaid” unless otherwise instructed.
The following items need to be requested at the time of order and may have an extra charge:
- Specific delivery dates and times (guaranteed delivery)
- Lift gate service
- Pallet Jack service
- Delivery notification
- Driver assist-unload (inside delivery)
- Extra hose (bulk shipments)
Receiving Bagged Malt & Grain
Before signing the shipment Bill of Lading, each bag and/ or pallet must be inspected. Look for torn or broken bags and ensure every bag and pallet is accounted for. You can reference the packing slip attached to each pallet or package.
If any problems arise:
- First, note how many bags were shorted, broken, or any other circumstances on the Bill of Lading before signing. Please take a photo.
- Then call the BSG Customer Service within 48 hours to report, and you will be instructed on how to submit the photo.
Receiving Bulk Malt & Grain
To ensure the best quality of malt, we suggest the following:
- Ask the driver for documentation of the trailer pre-load cleanout.
- Inspect the condition of the malt and trailer before unloading.
- If pneumatic, we insist upon a slow and steady load-out of malt into the silo. Malt should not be loaded out at a rate greater than 5 psi. Please ensure driver complies.
- The Bill of Lading should not be signed until the malt is fully unloaded and inspected. The driver is required to note the unload pressure and unload time before it
- is signed by the receiver. Problems should be noted on the Bill of Lading.
- If you have any questions at the time of unloading, don’t hesitate to call us. The driver must wait if you have any concerns.
Malt & Grain Storage
All grain suppliers do their utmost to provide a product that is insect free. However, once the product leaves the plant or warehouse it is beyond their control. We recommend the following:
- Inspect the malt area at regularly scheduled intervals. This is of particular importance when the room temperature is above 64°F.
- Malt should be stored in a clean, cool, dry area and if at all possible, away from walls.
- To reduce the likelihood of insect activity, you may choose to fumigate periodically (Organic malt cannot be fumigated).
- For best results, we recommend using all milled products within 3 months and all whole kernel products within 6 months of receipt.
- Keep malt away from strong odors for extended periods of time.
Imported Malts take, on average, 12 weeks to arrive from the time we order. Please work with your sales representative on Special/Seasonal orders, and supply monthly projections to ensure adequate inventories.
For all bagged Rahr Malting products, the malt analysis is on the front of the ID tag sewn to the bag. For all other bagged products, the malt analysis can be faxed or emailed upon request. For bulk loads, the malt analysis is sent automatically without request, if an e-mail address is provided at the time of ordering.
- Prices are discounted on orders of 40+ bags of malt/grain. Please inquire.
- Please call for bulk pricing.
- Due to carrier weight restrictions, we are unable to ship more than 2,500 pounds per pallet (remember to include the 60 lb weight of the pallet in this 2500 lb limit).
- Customers who require a lift gate, please note: maximum allowable weight per pallet is 2,000 pounds (including the weight of the pallet itself).
- Discount programs have been established with numerous LTL (less than truckload) carriers. A carrier with the best rate for your shipping destination and a strong history of reliability will be assigned, unless otherwise requested.
- Should you elect to provide your own carrier for pick-up at our warehouse (“Freight Collect”), the pick-up will have to be within our established pick-up times. Please ask your customer service representative for your local pick-up times. As soon as Freight Collect orders are picked up from our warehouse, we have no further responsibility for the products, and all risk of damage, loss, or delay shall pass to the customer.