Pinnacle Distillers Yeast (S) is an active dried yeast well-suited for use in batch and continuous fermentations of molasses and pure sugars for rum production. It has a high tolerance to residual sugar.
- Has a high cell count (> 20 x 109 cells/g)
- Rehydrates well in direct pitch applications
- Has high ethanol and temperature tolerance
- Has organic acid tolerance
- Can be used in conjunction with nutritional and vitamin supplementations
This yeast product has optimal performance within a pH range of 4.0 to 5.0 but can ferment well in the range of 3.5 to 6.0. Optimal fermentation temperature is dependent on other stresses present (i.e. organic acid, ethanol and pH) but generally ferments well in the range of 33°C to 37°C (92°F to 98°F). Under various process conditions, this yeast can produce high ethanol titres under a broad range of applications and substrate type.
Directions for Use
Yeast can be added directly to a fermenter at a dose rate of between 0.2 and 0.5 kilograms per 1000 liters (0.44 - 1.1 pounds per 1000 gallons).
Please contact us for availability